If you have a dinner party coming up or want to keep your kids busy this Easter weekend why not try making these bad boys.
Mine definitely have a rustic feel to them and I probably should have tidied up the edges with a warm knife but let’s be honest, I’m not Martha Fucking Stewart. However I will give myself a pat on the back for effort. Super easy to make and they look pretty cool don’t you think?
- Dark Chocolate 150g
- Oreo biscuits (about 6)
- Cream cheese 180g
- Icing sugar (not sure I just kept adding until the mix tasted good)
- Mint leaves
- Cadbury Cream Egg (only because it’s Easter)
- Paper cups
Let’s get started:
- Melt the chocolate in the microwave or in a double boiler
- Pour the melted chocolate in to the paper cups (I’d recommend cutting off the top of the paper cups as it is easier to peel the paper cups off the chocolate once set) and swish around until the inside of the cup is covered in chocolate
- Stick the cups in the freezer for about 15 minutes or until set
- Blend the cream cheese and icing sugar
- Remove chocolate from the freezer and peel off the paper cups
- Fill the chocolate cups / pot plant holders with the cream cheese filling (and the Cadbury Cream Egg) and pop it back in the freezer for another 15 min
- Crush the Oreo biscuits up to make the ‘soil’
- Remove chocolate pots from the freezer before serving and add the ‘soil’ and the mint leaves. I added a few strawberries to mine mostly for decorative purposes but who doesn’t like a strawberry
I sent a photo of these over to my sister and she thought they were actual pot plants so all in all I’m pretty chuffed. I did have a little faux pas as after I took these photo’s I popped them back in the freezer for a bit and by the time I wanted to serve them they were frozen solid. Not ideal. My husband was basically smashing the casing (and the cream cheese filling) with a drill press and nothing was happening except for the crushed Oreo biscuits flying around our kitchen. A cup of tea and an episode of blue bloods later, dessert was served.
Let me know what you think if you try making these or if you have any other creative recipes you’d like to share just pop them in the comments below!