I have to confess that I haven’t delved too deep in to the Beauty Box world yet. Prior to the April Birchbox I have only ever purchased one other Beauty Box.
Let’s start off with how Birchbox works. It’s a monthly beauty subscription box which consists of 5 luxe beauty treats from well-known and emerging brands and occasionally you may also receive a lifestyle item too. It’s fair to say I was pretty excited to get my hands on my first box but if I’m honest I’d have to say that I wasn’t blown away by the contents BUT having said that, the box itself cost £10 with £2.95 postage so you really can’t fault them. I just hadn’t heard of most of the brands in the box – maybe I need to get out more?
For the April box Birchbox partnered up with ‘iconic British fashion brand and blogger favourite’, Boden. Their theme for the April box was being bold and beautiful and the box design matches one of the key prints for the season from Boden. I do actually like the box.
- Manna Kadar Radiance Split Pan Bronzer and Highlight Duo (Full size and Birchbox exclusive)
- Nip + Fab Colour Correcting Concealer (Full size)
- Polaar IcePure Gentle Scrub with Arctic Cotton (25ml)
- Amika The Shield Style Extending Spray (31.5ml)
- Baïja Paris Crème Moana in Fleur de Tiarè (30ml)
- Model Co Crème Rouge Cheek + Lips (3.6g an additional item)
Overall for what you pay I think it’s a nice way to get introduced to new brands. However if you get a box full of unknown brands and you don’t like any of them I can see how people could end up unsubscribing.
My top 3 products from the box would be the Baïja Paris Crème Moana, Polaar IcePure Gentle Scrub and the Manna Kadar Bronzer Highlight.