I’ve finally managed to get round to my July Glossybox unboxing!
I ordered the July Glossybox on the last day of the month which meant I received both my July and August boxes within days of each other. I signed up for a 3 month subscription as I feel this gives me enough time to decide if this beauty box subscription is for me. I’ve previously tried Birchbox, you can see my review here.
What is GLOSSYBOX?
It’s a subscription beauty box with a curated selection of 5 – 6 makeup, skincare and hair must-haves. The price varies depending on the length of your subscription. I have personally signed up to a 3 month subscription plan just as a trial. Once you sign up you are able to create a beauty profile online so that the products can be tailored to you specifically.
What’s in the box?
Huge love for the ‘Hello Summer’ themed Coral box which all the products arrived beautifully packed in! Everything about it screams Summer!
Spectrum Collections – Small Fan Brush Full Size RRP £4.99
- This is my favourite item within the box. I’ve recently started ‘contouring’ (I use the term loosely) and haven’t had the right brush to apply my highlighter. This brush is perfect for application and unicorn-inspired. Need I say more?
Bellapierre Cosmetics – Banana Setting Powder Full Size RRP £25.00
- This is my least favourite item in the box. It’s probably down to me not knowing how best to use it and where it fits in to my makeup routine. If any bloggers want to leave some hints and tips in the comments below be my guest. I already have yellow undertones in my skin so I feel I may be heading for a disaster!
Monu Professional Skincare – MONUspa Soothing After Sun Lotion 100ml RRP £19.95
- I live in England. Let’s hope that once opened this lasts a while as I can’t see it getting much use here. I do have a trip planned to South Africa in January, perhaps I will keep this until then and feedback once I’ve actually seen some sun.
Emite Makeup – Lip & Cheek Tint Full Size RRP £16.50
- I love this as a cheek tint, not so much love for it as a lip tint. I can honestly sit here and say I have only ever applied lipstick once. At a push, I will apply lip gloss and the colour on this is far too dark for me and my thin lips. It does however add a gorgeous colour to my cheekbones!
Papanga – Spiral Hairbands Full Size RRP £4.99
- I am so pleased that these came in the July box. I usually wear a scrunchie in my hair but I left it abroad on my last holiday. I’ve seen so many people wearing these so it’s great that I can test them out. I have fairly thin hair anyway but they seem to hold my hair in place which is great. The big test will be if they’ll still be in my hair after I’ve played a hockey match!
In my opinion, value for money, this beauty box is fantastic. My favourite part is being introduced to new brands that I probably wouldn’t have been exposed to in my monthly shop. At £9.50 per box (on the 3 month subscription) with £3.25 p&p you don’t have much to lose, why not try it out?
This post contains affiliate links. It does not cost you anything extra if you click on the link below but it does allow you to support this blog and the content I create. It does not affect what I write about.