I’ve finally managed to get round to my July Glossybox unboxing!
I ordered the July Glossybox on the last day of the month which meant I received both my July and August boxes within days of each other. I signed up for a 3 month subscription as I feel this gives me enough time to decide if this beauty box subscription is for me. I’ve previously tried Birchbox, you can see my review here.
What is GLOSSYBOX?
It’s a subscription beauty box with a curated selection of 5 – 6 makeup, skincare and hair must-haves. The price varies depending on the length of your subscription. I have personally signed up to a 3 month subscription plan just as a trial. Once you sign up you are able to create a beauty profile online so that the products can be tailored to you specifically.
What’s in the box?
Huge love for the ‘Hello Summer’ themed Coral box which all the products arrived beautifully packed in! Everything about it screams Summer!
Here’s what was in my July box:
Spectrum Collections – Small Fan Brush Full Size RRP £4.99
- This is my favourite item within the box. I’ve recently started ‘contouring’ (I use the term loosely) and haven’t had the right brush to apply my highlighter. This brush is perfect for application and unicorn-inspired. Need I say more?
Bellapierre Cosmetics – Banana Setting Powder Full Size RRP £25.00
- This is my least favourite item in the box. It’s probably down to me not knowing how best to use it and where it fits in to my makeup routine. If any bloggers want to leave some hints and tips in the comments below be my guest. I already have yellow undertones in my skin so I feel I may be heading for a disaster!
Monu Professional Skincare – MONUspa Soothing After Sun Lotion 100ml RRP £19.95
- I live in England. Let’s hope that once opened this lasts a while as I can’t see it getting much use here. I do have a trip planned to South Africa in January, perhaps I will keep this until then and feedback once I’ve actually seen some sun.
Emite Makeup – Lip & Cheek Tint Full Size RRP £16.50
- I love this as a cheek tint, not so much love for it as a lip tint. I can honestly sit here and say I have only ever applied lipstick once. At a push, I will apply lip gloss and the colour on this is far too dark for me and my thin lips. It does however add a gorgeous colour to my cheekbones!
Papanga – Spiral Hairbands Full Size RRP £4.99
- I am so pleased that these came in the July box. I usually wear a scrunchie in my hair but I left it abroad on my last holiday. I’ve seen so many people wearing these so it’s great that I can test them out. I have fairly thin hair anyway but they seem to hold my hair in place which is great. The big test will be if they’ll still be in my hair after I’ve played a hockey match!
In my opinion, value for money, this beauty box is fantastic. My favourite part is being introduced to new brands that I probably wouldn’t have been exposed to in my monthly shop.
This box looks like a blast!
I love a beauty box!
Ooh I like this!
Loving the items in this box! Makes me want to subscribe and check it for myself!
I think it’s definitely worth subscribing. Value for money is great! I have a link on this post for you to get 50% off your first box if you do want to try it out. X
These goodies look amazing! I was once subscribed to Bellabox which is based in Australia but ended up cancelling my subscription because I kept getting sent doubles and felt like I wasn’t getting the best out of my subscription.
Is this one opened internationally?
Michaela | http://www.graceandcoy.com
Oh no, that doesn’t sound good! I believe you can purchase Glossybox in Australia try out http://www.glossybox.com.au/ xx
I used to get GlossyBox when it first came out.. looks like it’s doing really well and you get some fab products!
Laura ¦ http://www.laurahasablog.co.uk
Loving the packaging and I’ve got really great products in the August box! 😍😍 unboxing post coming soon! It’s lush!
This one is great! I’ll be doing an unboxing post for the August box soon. X
Did you get Augusts box? It was so much better than July’s. Not saying July’s was bad, as I’ve never had a duff box from them, just I preferred it so much more.
Yeah I got the August box and I love it! Doing an unboxing post soon. X
Just checked out your website, it’s great!