I’ve been so excited about this August Glossybox unboxing post! I recently got back from holiday hence the post going up so late but it’s finally here. I have to say that Glossybox, in my opinion, have absolutely nailed the August box! So let’s get started.
What is GLOSSYBOX?
It’s a subscription beauty box with a curated selection of 5 – 6 makeup, skincare and hair must-haves. The price varies depending on the length of your subscription. I have personally signed up to a 3 month subscription plan just as a trial and this is my second box. Once you sign up you are able to create a beauty profile online so that the products can be tailored specifically to you.
What’s in the box?
August brings yet another ‘collector’s edition’ box which is equally as fabulous as the July box I received. If you would like to see what I received in my July box you can read my review here.
Here’s what was in my August box:
Rodial – Suede Lips Full Size RRP £22.00
- This is my least favourite item in the box. It doesn’t really have anything to do with the product, I am just not a lover of lipstick. I did try the colour on my lips and it is way too dark for me (even if I was feeling slightly adventurous). The colour does however have a great matte texture and is also infused with Vitamin E which should keep your lips hydrated. If I was a lipstick wearer I would probably pop a gloss over this as I feel it would compliment many outfits throughout the AW17 season.
Model Launcher – Safari Sun Bronzer Full Size RRP £16.50
- I almost didn’t want to use the product as it looks so good in the compact. It offers great coverage and is definitely going to replace the current bronzer I have in my makeup bag! I’d never heard of this brand until now but I’m going to have a little nosey at their site to see what other gems they have on offer.
Valquer – Ice Hair Mask, Total Repair 100ml RRP £14.99
- My hair is very fine and as a result of regularly colouring, rather damaged. I am already a huge fan of Philip Kingsley but I am always on the lookout for new hair products to try, so I was delighted to receive this in the August box. The colour is literally ice blue and the smell is gorgeous. As I mentioned I have been on holiday recently so I haven’t been able to try this out properly yet but I feel a little pamper session coming on.
Batiste – 2in 1 Dry Shampoo & Conditioner Orange & Pomegranate 50ml RRP £4.49
- Over the last few months I have been trying not to wash my hair every day in hopes that this will help improve the condition of my hair. I’ve already been using a full size Batiste that I pick up from my local Sainsbury. It’s the only thing which seems to keep my oily hair under control when I haven’t washed it for a day. I had absolutely no idea Batiste came in such amazing fragrances (or as a dry shampoo & conditioner). I’m definitely having a word with my local Sainsbury to see if they start stocking this. It’s lush!
Essence – live.laugh.celebrate! palette Full Size RRP £1.50 per palette & £1.50 per powder
- I just love the packaging on this!! If you are a festival goer this is an absolute must in your makeup bag. You can create your own makeup palette as it has four interchangeable slots for you to mix and match what you need, depending on the occasion. The packaging for each powder is filled with chunky glitter so if you aren’t too precious about the packaging you could cut it open and cake yourself in glitter. Multi-tasking at its best!
Purelei – Aloha Bracelet RRP £11.90 (for 3 bracelets)
- An added little treat in the August Glossybox. I’ve tried a similar brand before and if I am honest the hairband didn’t last long. It’s a quirky extra and will probably appeal to a younger audience but I won’t be purchasing any of these in the near future.
Out of all the Beauty Box Subscriptions I have tried so far, this has definitely been my favourite box!